It's the little things that make a difference.
Many things we might take for granted can be a special treat for those experiencing homelessness.
A wide range of gifts help support our guest families, provide for basic needs, and bring smiles to their faces at a time smiles are needed most. Please note we only accept new items for our families.
- Metro Transit bus cards
- games for children of all ages
- gift cards for teens – fast food restaurants, movie theaters
- gift cards for parents – Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreen’s (most often parents use to purchase gifts for their children)
- Winter gear – hats, scarves, gloves, mittens – infant to adult sizes
- Diapers and wipes
- Items to help our guests settle into permanent housing
- View list of grocery items needed (PDF)
- View list of supplies needed for families moving into a new home (PDF)
Items we cannot accept at the Family Place:
- Clothes (Gently used clothing is accepted at Joseph’s Coat, 1107 West 7th Street, St. Paul)
- Home-cooked food
- Used toys
If you have questions about donating to The Family Place or need further information, please feel free to contact Margaret Lovejoy – 651-207-1565